Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ruby Kisses- My "Mint" Mani For Tali Joy.



An inspiring young make-up artist, who painted "the world" with her love, her strength and her artistic skills sadly passed away. . .  at 11:22am this Tuesday (July 23rd) would make it exactly a week.  Talia Joy Castellano (13 years) died after a battle of cancer, but I'm pretty sure Talia dancing as she is no longer in pain.


After the hearing of her passing, the Nail Polish Wars on Facebook, generated an awesome idea called "#MintManisForTaliJoy" as she observed that the last picture Talia uploaded on her Instagram was a mint mani featuring the hand of Talia's hand  her mother and a friend who goes by the name of Tammy.  It was a great idea which brought all nail polish lovers and admirers both near and far to come together to make this work.   #MintManisForTaliaJoy


I was all out out of mint colored nail polish (or any color to that effect)  and I was soo bumbed out about it, but my mother and sister went away and low and behold they  brought back some nail polishes and the Teal Envy Ruby Kisses nail polish caught my eye.  It wasn't a mint or sea foam color but it was the best and the only I had.


Sorry for the crappy photo, I'm using my phone because my camera went bonkers.

First  I prepped my nail with one layer each of the Constance Carroll Nail care Base Coat (1)  and Hardener (2).  Then after I applied two coats of the Ruby Kisses Teal Envy (RNP 136).  
One Coat of polish was pretty fine for me, but I loved how smoothly it was going on, so I kind of got slightly addicted and started apply layers on top of layer (I obviously removed it afterwards and then painted the real thing)





Teal Envy
Accent Nail.  A little Birdy

For my accent nail, I prefer to be different.  I love placing it on any nail except the ring finger, because I think it's to generic at this time.  I used black, yellow, red and white acrylic paint.  I mixed the colors to get the preferred colors I wanted.




When I first Looked at Talia's Vid.  She reminded me of a friend of mine.  They had the same bubbly and caring attitude, and they both loved make-up.  So That is was lured me towards her.

R.I.P Sweet Talia.



Please feel free to brows around and look at the different manis some awesome people created for Talia.  It has OVER 100  blogs and Mint Manis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading your comments and views, feel free to ask questions and share advice.